Saturday, October 18, 2008

My first post!


OK, so you're probably all wondering why I decided to make a blog. Am I interesting? Nope. Funny? Debatable. What I AM however, is going on a trip to England on Wednesday and need somewhere to talk about all the crazy things I am sure to see and do. I'm not sure whether or not this blog will have anything written in it before or after the trip, but we'll see.

Maybe I should start with talking about my life right now? Is that what people do on these things? For the past 5 months I've been working at an environmental lab where I analyze water and soil samples for mercury and general water quality stuff. It's not a bad job, I really like the majority of the people I work with. I really wish I could get into more about this, but as someone has already pointed out it's probably not the smartest to say too much about your job on the interwebs. It's totally possible that your boss has no life and internet stalks you in their spare time to make sure you're not bashing them.

As I'm sure anyone who's reading this already knows I am all about horseback riding. Recently I was able to take the horse I'm leasing (Penny, pictured above) in a clinic, which is a fancy, expensive lesson. I really feel like I learned a lot from it. I had been really discouraged lately. I've been riding for 17 years and a lot of the youngins at the barn are way better than me. However, this is probably because they have their own horses and ride almost every day. I on the other hand have only been riding all the time for about a year. But since last weekend I really feel like I've made progress.

No comments: